Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blu-Ray Reivew: Amelia


This is one of those films that should've worked. Hillary Swank. Biopic. Richard Gere. Need I say more? Oh but there's so much more that has to be said about this dissapointment. More than I would like to say, because I wanted to like the film. Really I did. But this movie...gah.

We all know the life of Amelia Earheart (if you don't..get out of my sight), so I'm gonna get down to the basics. This film may have a good Amelia look-alike, but for god's sakes..this thing makes AMelia boring. There dosen't seem to be a devil she's fighting..nothing to go on for. By the end, her dissapearence is less of a tragedy then just a way to get the mess over with.

Amelia could've been something special. Hillary looks great, but she dosen't od well here. Neither does Richard GEre or anyone else. PRobably the biggest wasted potential I've seen in years.

Rating:4.7 out of 10 or D+

SYS

No comments:

Post a Comment