Monday, December 14, 2009

Simpsons Review: O Brother, Where Bart Thou?


I have been watching The Simpsons for 3 years. However, I have seen all of the episodes. There is no denying the episodes from Seasons 4-10 were the best. Recently, The Simpsons have been in an upturn in creativity. And now, they have done it. They have made one of the greatest episodes in history. This even competes with episodes like Last Exit To Springfield. No, I am not exagerrating.

Here are two lists, the first is a list of things I enjoyed and the second is a list of Cultral Reference.s The Simnpsons haven't used these as of late but they are back baby!!

Enjoyed:
*The Smothers Brothers. They were great and a lot of fun to see them bickering about CBS firing them.
*Charlie, Barts brother he adopts. I thought he actually was cool and had a nice attitude with him.
*The Plow King returning. Barney's phrase: "The Plow King lives!!" made it all the more better.
*Homer's long speech why he likes boys better.
*Nelson mistaken Tic-Tacs.
*Bart's wonderful quote: "Does Obama know about [electricity going out]"

Cultral References:
*Sex and The City-Bart dreams that he'll have 3 sisters and they do a dead-on spoof of the hsow for 50 seconds. Kim Catrall is even there to boot.
*Unwrapped-Huell Howser and Under The Wrpaper. Need I say more?
*Sever V- Bart's nice phrase on how all the Sever films are similar is really like how the Saw films are all equal in plot (and abymalality)
*South Park:

Okay, I need to talk about this genuis bit. Not only were Bart, Milhouse, Ralph and Nelson dressed like South Park characters and they had them in cardboard animation but they gave me the best Simpsons quote ever, hands-down:

[After a phause, Otto pulls up in the school bus. He hits Ralph who's dressed like Kenny.]

Otto: Oh no!! I killed Kenny! Wait..I did that last week! What happened?

Brilliance. Great job you guys. The Simpsons is king of animation once again.

SYS

No comments:

Post a Comment