Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Editorial: Traveling The Globe



I have been asked recently what I think of the Golden Globe nominations that have come out and gotten some bad press. I somewhat agree with the negativity though. Why?

Well, for starters, whoever thought Julia Roberts in Duplicity was worthy of some kind of award was crazy. I'm just glad Jamie Preesly didn't get a nod for Confessions of a Shopaholic! The nods in Best Comedy/Musical reallt stretch good taste. I highly doubt the Oscars are going to give (500) Days of Summer, The Hangover and It's Complicated Best Picture noms. Those slots will be replaced with the notable absent Invictus, Up & A Serious Man.

The male acting nods were much better. Matt Dammon actually deserved both of his noms & Robert Downy Jr. probably needed a nom for Sherlock Holmes. I'm surprised Sigourney Weaver dosen't get a Suporting Actress nom for Avatar, but maybe the Academy will scoop her up.

My bottom line is that these noms are ok, but defenitly not the REAL best ones. There are some awards coming around this blog, so maybe you can see who is really the best of the year!! I'll tune in to the Globes though. After all, Ricky will probably put on a show.

SYS

No comments:

Post a Comment