Thursday, January 28, 2010

Anticipating 2010: Part 2


Let's continue on our search for the viable films in the second part of the trilogy posts dealing with the new year.

The A-Team: Remake an 80's Show is as common as the cold. But this one looks actually *GASP* good. Bradley Cooper, Liam Neeson, Quinton Rampage Jackson and Sharlto Copley are in the cast and it looks like a fun combo. Some great action and lines might make this a great action film. (June 11)

Toy Story 3: The most wanted film of the year, this brilliant gem follows two fo the greatet films of all-time. With a sad premise, fun new characters and some secrets yet to be revealed, Toy Story 3 is gonna rule whether you want it to or not. (June 18)

Grown Ups; Adam Sandler is always fun, but pair him with Kevin James and Chris Rock and David Spade AND Rob Sdhneider and you have what looks like the knock-out comedy of the summer like The Hangover was. (June 25)

Despicable Me: I was all ready to say Boo to this...but I can't resist a film that gives Chuck Jones homages and the animation looks clever. I love Steve Carrel so this could be the surprise flick of the summer. (July 9)

Inception: Christopher Nolan follows the matserpiece The Dark Knight with this odd thriller. No one knwos what it is about or even what it may end up being. But I keep getting intrigued by the little things we see and I trust Nolan a lot so I'll give it a try. (July 16)

Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Zach Snyder is a visionay. Watchmen was an abomination story-wise but it's visuals....wow. Whenever I read about this film I think of when Wes Anderson made Fantastic Mr. Fox (another movie ased on an animal book). Zach may have the same impact here when he directs this owl fable. (September 24)

The Social Network: David Fincher is about to bring us the man behind...Facebook! Well put that with Flash of Genuis as another odd inventor film, but I just can't get the film out of my head. I think this might work after all. (October 1)

The final part will be published this weekend.

SYS

No comments:

Post a Comment